Sunday, August 14, 2011

Slowing Down to Take Notice


It's been cooler here in New Hampshire over the last few days, reminding me that the fall is not far off.  As I walked with my daughter the other evening, I noticed this leaf on the ground.  I noted it's color and beauty, the subtlety of the green veins within the red heart, and so I stopped to pick it up.  My first thought was, "And some say this all happened by chance."  Without digressing into an entire conversation on evolution and creationism, just note with me that when we take the time to reflect and keenly observe nature, God is evident.  Paul emphasizes this in Romans 1and says that the very character of our Creator is evident in all that He has made.

But don't miss the other piece of the equation which is that unless we take time to notice the intricacy and also the grandeur of nature, we will miss seeing God. 

It's certainly cliche to say, "Stop and smell the roses", but let me ask you this: have you paused in the last week or even month to observe the created world? Someone is waiting for you to take the time and notice of His work.

- tC

No comments:

Post a Comment