Thursday, April 5, 2012

A New Series: Knowing God

If you have been around any Christian bookstores in your life, you'll probably recognize this book as a classic.  Knowing God by J.I. Packer is one of the most well-known devotional/spiritual formation books in publication.  It was originally written in 1973 and while the times have changed, much of the content doesn't need to.  So over the next few weeks, I am going to be reading it and offering some reflections on what strikes me the most.




So far, I am just part way into Chapter 1, but already I was struck by this one fact: Packer says that those who know God pray with great frequency and fervency.  I believe this to be true and whenever I am in seasons of quiteness with God, I often find I am not making time for prayer.  So if Packer is correct I ask you - is your prayer life marked by passion?  If so, he'd say you are likely to know God and not just know about Him.

- tC

No comments:

Post a Comment